Monday, January 22, 2007

Books! Books! Books!

Bored? Looking for something fun to read? If so, stop by the Waterloo Public Library and see the new display tables. Whether your taste runs to novels, mysteries, biographies, how-to, or self-help, we either have what you want or will find a way to get it.

The books you're seeing above are mostly those that have been read by WPL book club participants. We'll have a steady supply of them, as well as a doubling of our ever popular Express Books collection.

Be careful, though. As I was working on a balky catalog computer this afternoon I had to walk by the display tables several times. The first time I saw all the books, the second time I noticed a Philip Roth title that I've been wanting to read since 2004. On the third pass I couldn't help myself: I picked up The Plot Against America, walked it five steps to the self-check machine, and now I have another treasure on my night stand! Let's hope I'm able to get up in time for work tomorrow.


c 2007 Waterloo Public Library


View My Stats